Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Where did you go Coco???


Hey guys! Sorry for disappearing! It's been a crazy past couple months.. I decided to do this blog to help catch people up on where I've been, discuss what new projects I've been working on, and how #ProjectEgypt is coming along...


First let me say, I was not abducted by aliens, kidnapped for ransom, or at basic training in the army (each a very good excuse for not being online). But I have been in the studio, writing a lot, and getting my life on track. I believe sometimes before we can lead others, we have to make sure our lives are together first. So that's what I did. I stopped blogging, and started acting.. such as.. Putting together songs and ideas for my next album (tentatively titled RSVP) which is scheduled for release in the fall; gathering more information on how to get #ProjectEgypt in ACTION (talk more about that later); and last but not least I actually enrolled into college and got accepted into University of Michigan (Thank God!!), where i'll be studying Psychology in the fall (ewww so much paperwork!). So yeah I've been juggling a lot lately... That does not mean I'm giving up on this blog! I still plan to constantly update my blog with more fun post and inspiring tales, I just needed these past two months to "get it together." But as of now, I'm back so expect to see a lot more post from me!



Next, what projects have I been working on you say? Maybe the next Bat-mobile?

Not quite... But I have been working on plenty of music! I just did a feature with a local rapper "8k8" (coming soon), and I have been working on my collaborative project "Sturr'd" with my friend/partner in crime Klassical.

I also released a freestyle/remix to Gotye's big hit last year "Somebody that I used to know" (Click to view) --> http://youtu.be/e5vSqBq3Fkc .. Sadly upon release it didn't get too many hit's on Youtube but I just figured it was because people were out enjoying the summer weather (either that or everyone decided to hate me now *sad face*). Also, I have been working on a basic outline of what I want my new mix-tape to feel like this time around. The first one "For Better or Worse," was kind of like an introduction to my music and zany rhyming styles (it was really experimental). But this time around the message will be a lot more solid. It should still be fun though, as I have made it an effort to include a few more dance songs for the people to get HYPE to. So yeah, I'll be putting up more info about that in the weeks to come as well.



Last but not least! #ProjectEgypt! Just in case you are wondering where my post on #ProjectEgypt have gone, I decided to create a totally new blog/website dedicated specifically to the Project. Here is the link --> http://theprojectegypt.blogspot.com/. So please go there for all information and post related to #ProjectEgypt! That's where i'll be operating. I have been working on getting the Project either listed as an NPO or affiliating it with different churches, charities, and NPO's to get this thing going and impacting the community! It's one thing to talk about making a change, but its another thing to get up and start doing the hard work. But as I finally get the project up off the ground you can go to my website www.cocofuego.com for an official link dedicated to the Project and for new information... So just bare with me, it takes more than a notion to end mental slavery and free a nation from a mindset that it took over 250 years to get itself into. But I believe that I can make a difference, so I will give it my best shot! 

So yeah that's about it. Thanks for reading my blog and catching up with me! If you want to contact me directly, hit me up at my twitter page @cocofuego (I usually update and monitor the page frequently!). Also keep an eye out for my next blog because I plan on doing something exceptionally different this time around *wink*!

Until next time, Adios!





No comments:

Post a Comment